- Discrimination & Harassment
- Retaliation & Whistleblower Claims
- Police Misconduct/Civil Rights Violations
- FMLA & Disability Discrimination
After graduating from UWF with BA in Legal Administration / Pre-Law, Mr. Ellis interned at Levin Papantonio, where he was involved with mass tort litigation, before enrolling at Thomas M. Cooley Law School as an Honors Scholar. Mr. Ellis was selected as the sole judicial intern for the circuit judges of the First Judicial Circuit in Pensacola for his last semester of law school prior to graduating with his Juris Doctor in 2007. Mr. Ellis passed the Florida Bar exam the same year, and took his first job as an attorney working for the Office of the Public Defender.
In over a decade of practice experience Mr. Ellis has worked in both the public and private sectors, and gained extensive experience in both criminal and civil litigation while arguing dozens of cases before juries. Mr. Ellis was published in Defender Magazine, a publication of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, for his highly technical work litigating against the Intoxilyzer 8000.
Mr. Ellis enjoys spending time with his lovely wife Elizabeth when he isn't working.
Current Employment Positions:
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor - 2007
- Honors: Honors Scholar
- University of West Florida
- Honors: President of Phi Alpha Delta
- Honors: Associate Justice with the Student Government Association
- Honors: Inaugural Member, UWF’s first mock trial team
- Major: Legal Administration / Pre-Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2008
- Florida, 2007
- Levin Papantonio, Intern
- Circuit Judges of the First Judicial Circuit in Pensacola, Judicial Intern
- Office of the Public Defender, Attorney
- Defender Magazine, a publication of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, for his highly technical work litigating against the Intoxilyzer 8000